Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Brilliant!

Okay,
Go here.
Whats this jumbled and chaotic mess you ask?

The story goes:
A collage kid, drowning in his overwhelming debt from his tuition, decides to make milliondollarhomepage.com. He decided to sell ad space on his page per pixel. I believe its $1 per pixel. As you can see he was very successful. He made over a million dollars in 4 months. We here became aware of what this kid was doing right before Christmas. I was blown away.
Now check this out... this is the only space left on his site and he is selling it on eBay. Check out what its going for right now… I believe its at something like $33,100… AND THERE IS STILL 6 DAYS LEFT! He could make another million before whole things through.
Anyway I think its brilliant and I wanted to share. It’s also a spectacular thing to study as far as what catches your eye in a sea of chaos.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bill Fleming said...

kajdclSometimes creativity is all it takes. Very cool.

Wed Jan 04, 04:31:00 PM MST  
Blogger EThunk said...

..niche marketing at its best...Young people thinking, moving and seizing their moments of fame and fortune...i just love it! (wait a minute...i just saw a couple tidy little profits scamper into some spare pixels.)

Wed Jan 04, 06:24:00 PM MST  
Blogger Bill Fleming said...

Yeah, they're out there. Those little skudders.

Thu Jan 05, 07:43:00 AM MST  
Blogger Bill Fleming said...

On my browser at home (which is old, I admit) the big "Kong" picture has knocked everything to the right of it off the screen. There are no longer any dancing bears, cakewalk song, links, access to the creative spave, etc. Welcom in this absence is Mr. P, at least in one of his incarnations. He still shouts unexpectedly when I mouse over the "back" button while browsing the home page. I'm wondering if these links will return once Kong falls off the bottom of the page? If not, I may, to my chagrin, have to request a reduction in the size of the Kong picture, (or get a different browser and upgrade my axe, heaven forbid!)

Thu Jan 05, 07:54:00 AM MST  
Blogger Bill Fleming said...

oops, never mind. I found the missing stuff. It is now at the very bottom of the page, underneath and to the right of everything else. Interesting. All is well. Never mind.

Thu Jan 05, 07:57:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home