Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I have a problem

Ok so here is the scenario. I have a client who is working on some sort of real estate deal. There are several other people working on this project with him and he needs a disc with many different images on it that they can all have. He brought the images to me which are some logos and some drawings of some houses. Also the disc will include a photograph of a family.

My Problem:
He wants the images to be on transparent backgrounds which in my knowledge would be saved as a transparent GIF. Easy enough, until he asked that all the images again be saved as a transparency with a outer glow on them. Also in my experience when ever you save an image with any effect that fades off of the outside of the image, it saves that as a solid white area. Is there any other way I could save the images to make that not happen? I though of saving them as tiffs, but I’m not sure that is a cross platform way to save things.
Please help
Desperate blogger

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill Fleming said...

Transparency is a beeotch, maing.
Try rendering the layer in Photoshop
to capture the effect. Then select all the whites
and make a layer mask. (...or something)

Wed Apr 06, 01:55:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Spinfly said...

we are going to go with transparent tifs for now. we arnt making much money off the deal, so we arnt going to break our backs. I thank you for your help though.

Wed Apr 06, 02:45:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home