Monday, April 03, 2006

Well that took a while...

I've just finished Stephen King's Dark Tower septet.
If anyone wants the short version, give me a call.

I'm glad he got that out of his system, I guess.

But....let's put it this way....it's no "Green Mile."

There are two really funny parts though, worth the
price of admission if for no other reason than that
they make you laugh out loud after a reeeeeeeaally
long, agonizing series of depressing images.

Strangely, a third attempt at humor kind of falls on it's face.
I'm not sure whether this is intentional on King's part
or if he was just running out of gas.

Anyway, good job Stephen and to all who can stick with him
through all seven books (for a while there I was thinking he
might actually write 19 of them).

For my part, I'm going back to non-fiction for a while.

4 Comments:

Blogger EThunk said...

...just curious Owl, did you want to throw the last book against the wall when you finished?

Mon Apr 03, 10:26:00 AM MDT  
Blogger Chop said...

I would like to request that anyone that wants to read this series or just doesn't want to know what happens please stop reading here.

So pops, what were the parts you mention?

Mon Apr 03, 10:42:00 AM MDT  
Blogger Bill Fleming said...

Not really. I kind of like the concept of the ending. Very Termeslike actually and in keeping with the concept of Karma (ka).

I'll tell you privately, Chop.

Mon Apr 03, 11:42:00 AM MDT  
Blogger Bill Fleming said...

Plus, he did give us plenty of warning, if it please ya.

Mon Apr 03, 11:43:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home