Monday, January 09, 2006

Kong Revisited

I don't mean to go back to Kong all the time... Well maybe I do. (It was that good!!!)

but...

Last night between games of hearts (the first of which I won, second of which I didn't do so well) We watched the 1950's version of King Kong. It was awesome too!!! I remember thinking to myself. This movie must have blown movie goers away, as much as the one I just watched on the big screen, back in its day.

Another thing that struck me was, although, there were differences between the two scripts, the new movie sticks very closely to the original. There were some scenes that were almost identical, the very last line of the movie for example is uttered word for word. (Props to Peter Jackson for that)

The New Kong movie was my first real dive into the saga of Kong. Now I am totally hooked. We also rented the one with Jeff Bridges and Jessica Lange which we are scheduled to watch this evening. I will let you know my thoughts, and of course anyone is invited to watch it with us.
Happy Kong!
Spin

10 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Not to ruin your Kontastic love of the movies, but I heard the Jessica Lange one kind of blows in comparison to the other ones.

Oh well...if it sucks, you can always watch "Finding Nemo" or "Monsters, Inc."

Mon Jan 09, 11:25:00 AM MST  
Blogger Spinfly said...

I have heard that too Skog. But at this point it is more of a filling of a Kong Hole, than caring about quality. The first one isn't very good either when compared to the one that is in Theaters now. But it still Kicks Ass cause its Kong!

... I'm just sayin!

Mon Jan 09, 11:30:00 AM MST  
Blogger Bill Fleming said...

Kong rules. When Flickfly was a very small boy, (3 or 4)he told us all that he wanted to marry King Kong.He will tell you now that it was because he was so nice, so big and tough, and so lonely. Kong is the misunderstood magnificent greatness in us all.

Mon Jan 09, 11:40:00 AM MST  
Blogger Bill Fleming said...

Ok, I can phrase that better:

Kong is the much maligned, misunderstood, magnimous, magnificent significance in us all.

You can say "I am Kong" or you can just say "I am!" Same diff. We are all Kong... because we are!

Mon Jan 09, 11:44:00 AM MST  
Blogger Spinfly said...

I was also surprised at how the relationship between Kong and Ann Darrow is different between the two movies. She never really warms up to him in the original movie. She mostly just screams and faints alot. I am anxious to see if that is different in the next movie.

side note: I am staying away from all sequels at this time. I predict a huge cheese factor as far as sequels are concerned.

Mon Jan 09, 11:49:00 AM MST  
Blogger Sarah said...

That's because back then...all women did was scream and faint...and visit private detectives.

Mon Jan 09, 11:55:00 AM MST  
Blogger eekerz said...

Dudes! Really...there are more comments about frickin' King Kong than of "Tangent". I'm ashamed.

Mon Jan 09, 12:12:00 PM MST  
Blogger Spinfly said...

Eekz,
I promise I was hesatant to post this post becaue I did not want to disrespect Tangent. I wish these guys had seen it, then maybe they would have more to say. However if Boiled Kong would have seen it, I probably wouldnt have been able to, since he was watching Mini Spin at the time. Ironicly he took her to Canyon Lake.

Mon Jan 09, 12:19:00 PM MST  
Blogger Bill Fleming said...

Eeks. Not having seen Tangent, I could only comment on your post/review of it, which was brilliant. If the performance was half as good, it sounds like a winner.
Sorry you're ashamed, I'm not. There is lots of space for comment in the Spave, on all kinds of ideas.

Mon Jan 09, 12:38:00 PM MST  
Blogger Sarah said...

I concur with the Owl...whose reasoning was much more articulate than my response of "It sounded good, but I didn't see it and I liked your summary anyway."

Mon Jan 09, 01:33:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home