Tuesday, July 05, 2005

What was the biggest threat this weekend? …RCPD!

So I decided to throw a party on Saturday (the 2nd). It got a bit wild and it got a bit late. I went to bed. Many other people did not, and they were enjoying themselves by the fire in the back yard, when all of a sudden our house was under attack. Many bottle rockets were flying up the hill and hitting the house and surrounding property. The neighbors had started a war. What choice did we have, but to defend our turf? A couple bottle rockets were fired back, but there was no concrete knowledge of where the shots were coming from. So a team was assembled to do reconnaissance. While they spied on the houses below one of them noticed a couple of figures strongly resembling the police walking up the street towards the house. (*keep in mind that since the reconnaissance started no fireworks had been ignited) Ok so the cops are here. Every one is aware of that and everyone is to remain calm. They snuck up onto the property and came in trough the gate in the back yard. I always thought they needed to knock on the door. Or at least make there presence known. I didn't think they had the right to just walk onto the property. Ok so then it gets interesting. A lady cop, about the size of my mom and a small male cop, start asking questions. Who here is under 21, have you been drinking? the usual. Then they get to "Trewthinalliam". And Ask him his name. He he didn't respond so the lady cop tried to pick him up, but couldn't. "Trewthinalliam" is a big guy. She calls for help and the guy cop came over picked him up, slamed him into the side of my house, and threw him to the ground. (*The Lady cop made several referances to the fact that she had almost been hit in the head with a bottle rocket. I have been told that she told several more lies to the other cop, and the sargent who was called to the scene later.

I have to stop here, because like I said before I was asleep, and I am a little vague on the details. Maybe Lief can fill us in. What I do know, is that that wasn't the only time they manhandled him. I know that he was thrown to the ground a number of times and his wrists and face were cut and scuffed. So they arrested him for resisting arrest. Resisting an arrest that he was not told he was being arrested of, and supposedly arrested for a minor consumption, which he did not receive a breathalyzer for. My roommate Amy was also arrested for a minor consumption, and a common nuisance. Chad knew the Male cops name but no one knew the female cops name.

Lets move on to Sunday night shall we (July 3rd).

A few of my friends were having a BBQ at there house. And after it got dark they decided to shoot off a few bottle rockets. The cops were called. The BBQ crew were all hanging out, again by the fire in there back yard. When all of a sudden there dog barked and a GUN SHOT was fired. The dog ran into the house whimpering, here was blood everywhere.

Here's what happened. The cop entered the back yard, again with out saying anything or pronouncing that he was there. When the dog reacted like a dog should when there is an intruder on its owners property, he got SHOT. Not pepper sprayed, not kicked, not threatened by a deep voice, he got SHOT. I also need to reiterate that all the dog did was bark. He didn't attack at all, he just barked.

The dog is ok. The bullet grazed his ear and his foot. I saw the dog. He has a round chunk missing out of his ear. I don't know about you, but that doesn't seam right at all.

Here is the kicker. Chad was talking with the owner of the house that had the BBQ. He asked if John had gotten the cops name. Jon replied yes. I got his name and his badge numberÂ? guess what? Same cop both nights. Jeff Alexander.

I feel I need to write about these incidences first, to get it out there. Create some public record of what happened and second to ask advice with what we should do to remedy this problem. The bottom line is that they or this one cop in particular, is doing a bad job of being a cop and something has to be done about it. I know that there were laws broken in both incidences. I am not denying that. But what seems unfair and unjustified is that these cops continue to get away with conducting there jobs so poorly. Other than that drama I had a great weekend, I love this town, I just wish we didn't have to be so afraid of the people who are suppose to be protecting us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill Fleming said...

You should call my friend and attorney Charlie Abourezk who will be very interested in your case. I just made a brochure for a community group he works with that has a list of people you can contact for things exactly like this and a complaint form you can fill out. Call Charley A. first. If you need a copy of the brochure we did, I'll be happy to supply you with one.

I also think you should have a talk with the state's attorney, Glenn Brenner, and also with my friend the judge (AKA the honerable A. P. (Pete) Fuller.) Both of those guys know what's up and can further advise you on what action steps you can take.

Do not let this pass. You owe yourselves and the rest of the community good, no BS answers to the reasonable questions you are raising.

Tue Jul 05, 03:19:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Sarah said...

I agree with the Owl. This is an area of law that Abourezk specializes in.

Sorry I couldn't offer any words of wisdom last night, Spinfly. Not an area I practice in, and it would be irresponsible of me to tell you what to do/steps to take when I'm not sure if I'm right or not.

Keep us all posted.

Tue Jul 05, 05:03:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home