Monday, June 13, 2005

Nick @ Night?

So, Wednesday morning I'm waking up at 7:00 (big deal if you know my current sleeping habits) to get ready and be at the Ramada Inn at 8:00 to go to Hill City. What I am doing there is recording segments for the road crew of Nick at Night. I'm not entirely sure, but I think what I'm going to be doing is involving the 1880 train. I do know that at some point I will be in a smoking jacket and scarf. It will be an interesting experience to say the least.

As for how I came upon this oppertunity; Jabari Morgan called me up yesterday morning and said that Irene had told him about this thing going on in Hill City and they needed someone to do it. Irene then gets on the phone and tells me that they actually had someone to do it, but apparently he fell out of a tree and broke both of his arms. Now don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the guy, but what the hell was he doing in a tree to fall out and break both arms? Anyway, they needed someone to fill in for said unfortunate fellow. I got the number to call from Irene, called it and talked to a fellow who asked me if I was mid to late twenties. I told him that I was actually 21 but have been told rather often that I look older. He then asked my experience and I told him about my previous summer at Storybook Island and Pitchfork and my work in A Few Good Men, he told me that they weren't particularly looking for "Theater Actors" but someone who is comfortable in front of a camera. I assured him that I would probably be able to handle it, I have been in front of cameras before after all. He said that he would get back to me later after he talked everything over with his production manager. I didn't think very much of it, considering Jabari was going to be calling as well, until I got a phone call later in the day saying that everything was a go and they would keep in touch with me over the next couple days getting everything set up. I was awestruck.

I had pretty much just gotten off the phone with the wardrobe lady before starting this post. The reason I didn't immedietly blog it is because it all is (even still) somewhat unbelieveable. I went for a walk yesterday, feeling very good about myself, and actually had to reassure myself that it wasnt a dream.

So there you go folks, Dancin' D is gonna be on Nick at Night. I hope I don't make a fool of myself, and if I do, it's at least looks good.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I'll also be in Hill City...I'll apparently be dressed up as a bandito and I'm supposed to ride up next to the 1880 train and then get on the train...staging a "hold up."

Apparently, my character is supposed to ridicule and heckle a mid-20s man wearing a smoking jacket. I'm supposed to make him cry or something.

Anyways...weird.

S

P.S. Serious note - awesome, Dylan. You'll rock.

P.P.S. Mess with the production manager who was worried you'd be too theatre. Point at the camera and ask if it's the camera. Then, when they say "action," just stare at the camera.

Mon Jun 13, 11:03:00 AM MDT  
Blogger Chop said...

Good notes, I'll make sure to employ them. Thanks

Mon Jun 13, 11:09:00 AM MDT  
Blogger Bill Fleming said...

The whole idea is to make a fool of yourself, right? I'm mean isn't that what we're all doing, all the time? And why we all love each over for it. I say, "break a leg, Chop." (But only metaphorically.)

Mon Jun 13, 12:22:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Sarah said...

D-Funk,

Tell your sister to post more George W. Jesus photos from around Rapid City.

It entertains me when I'm procrastinating.

Tue Jun 14, 10:46:00 AM MDT  
Blogger Chop said...

Just an update, they want to actually leave the Ramada at 7:00, that means be there at 6:45, that also means that I must be awake by 5:45. No Playhouse for me tonight. Saaaaad.

Tue Jun 14, 02:12:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Sarah said...

How did it go, Chopper?

I feel like I can call you Chopper.

Thu Jun 16, 02:30:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home