Tuesday, August 22, 2006

word from the coast.

I just watched the sunset over the pacific ocean, with my daughter, and family. (pictures coming soon) It was time to head back up to the HQ for dinner, I informed my daughter of said fact and she asked, simply, "why?"

"Because the sun is going down." I told her.
She said, "well, you and I can just go and push it back up."

With my heart melting I said, "how do we do that hun?"

She said, "we will just have a bird fly us there."

Needless to say, it brought tears to my eyes, and was one of the coolest things I've experienced in my whole lifetime, so I thought I would share.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

So I was going to censor my response to this post, but I decided not to...

I just read that and said...to my dog... "That's so fucking cute I can't even fucking stand it. I love her hair."

Yeah, I'm a bit weirded out too.

Thu Aug 24, 09:30:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Bill Fleming said...

I wish I could have been the bird who flew you both there. That lucky old sun to have the two of you caring for it so. Bless you both.

"But that lucky old sun
has nothin' to do,
but roll around heaven
all day."

Fri Aug 25, 08:45:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home