Friday, March 10, 2006

A lesson in Vikings...

Okay, so Skleeve wanted some info on Vikings, so I thought I would post it here for three reasons:
1. I don't want to put it in the comments section of his blog;
2. This helps us achieve the goal of 1000 posts; and
3. It's my Scandinavian duty to inform the masses.

So Skleeve's next project involves a Viking expedition gone bad.

First of all...I'd like to point out that the Viking expeditions didn't really "go bad". The ships were known for staying together for long-ass trips.

That being said...I'm sure there were one or two minor snafus.

I'd look into information about the Viking Ship Museum, which is located just outside of Oslo, Norway. Not only do they have ships brought up from the sea floor, but they have recreated/rebuilt several. As for information about the Viking lifestyle, you may want to think about researching "Vinland" rather than Vikings. "Vinland" is the name the Vikings gave the area of North America where they settled. The other option on learning more about Viking lifestyle is talking to my father.

Go Vikings.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Well Vikings weren't really scared of anything, so don't make anything too fortress-like.

But that's just my opinion.

Also, Vikings were big on worshipping ancestors and Gods...so maybe something along those lines?

Fri Mar 10, 10:40:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home