Tuesday, January 31, 2006

An Epiphany about Eulogy

This evening I went to the CHS production of Eulogy. It was a beautiful thing to see. I can’t say in words how grateful I am to know a guy like Justin Speck.

All I can say is that I know what it feels like to be an artist. I know the struggle that I always have with a finished piece; where I look at it and say, "I know that’s still not quite right."

What Justin did tonight was pure art. He nailed it! Not only was it beautiful to see, it was beautiful to watch, it was beautiful to feel, and it was beautiful to experience. It was like watching a painting. He, and those students, pulled it off, and it’s not easy. Watching those kids do what they did for Speck is nothing short of inspiring. The fact that the students saw his vision so clearly, and did such a tremendous job only exclaims my point clearer. Justin is the type of teacher those kids what to work hard for, and what to make a dream that vivid and touching come true.

I have to commend you Justin for having the vision in the first place, and then seeing it all the way through to the end with such majesty and emotion. I am lucky to know and love you. You are so gifted and wonderful.

Bravo Mr. Speck! Bravo!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Yeah! I can't wait to see it tonight!!

Tue Jan 31, 07:29:00 AM MST  
Blogger eekerz said...

I am truly humbled, Bon-bon. Thank you for your kind words. They mean a great deal to me. With you in my life, I am richly blessed.

Tue Jan 31, 08:21:00 AM MST  
Blogger Sarah said...

Giant, what's with the spelling lately?

Oh well.

(hands him "Best at Spells" ribbon)

Tue Jan 31, 08:36:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home