Friday, November 11, 2005

Happiness



This morning Mini Spin and I woke up at the same time. She rolled over and said “but mom, why did my birthday go away” I asked her want she meant and she told me we were just having her other birthday and asked again why it went away. It was about then that I realized that Mini Spin was having a dream about her birthday and she couldn’t understand why all of a sudden she wasn’t still there. It was a wonderful and profound moment and I thought I would share!

Happy Friday!

2 Comments:

Blogger EThunk said...

What a sweet, sweet story. And how amazing that the Mini Spinny has separated the land of dreams from consciousness.

Fri Nov 11, 12:03:00 PM MST  
Blogger Bill Fleming said...

Yeah, it's cool. I remember moments like that with each kid. All in al,l there is to me no finer state of mind than that space between waking and dreaming. I think that's where we go when we make, hear, see, or otherwise find ourselves in the presence of great art, great people, and the beauty and wonder of nature (when we get lucky that is).

Fri Nov 11, 02:46:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home