Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A Lonely Day in Blogville

So there I was outside Courtroom C1 getting ready to fulfill my duty as potential jury member when Skog buzzed past all business like. Then I went into said Courtroom and found out that His Honor A.P. Fuller was the presiding judge. After the intro blah blah and movie the jury coordinator called the first 21 potentials. I was 5th. The attorneys asked a bunch of questions, 'Does anyone know this witness, that plaintive, this lawyer or Skog?' I raised my hand and said, 'I know Skog.' (except I didn't call her Skog.) Attorney asks how I know Skog. I say, ‘She a good friend of my daughter’s and we blog on the same blog.’

Quick aside here for those of you who don’t know His Honor A.P. Fuller. Fuller is an absolutely wonderful person, with a marvelous sense of humor. Before putting on the title of His Honor he was also a great attorney who, more than once, saved my little company with great flair.

‘You what?’ said the attorney. ‘We blog on the same blog,’ I said again realizing that these folks probably don’t spend much of their time communing online. Then I looked up at Fuller and he was hiding behind what looked like a computer flat screen laughing. I mean his shoulders were heaving. The attorney said, ‘Do you think blogging with Skog will sway your opinion in this trial?’ ‘I don’t know,’ I said, ‘I like Skog a lot, we blog a lot.’ Then Skog pipes in, ‘Never at work though.’ The attorney said he could wait for my decision.

More questions, more jurypersons dismissed and replaced. Then I saw Fuller whisper something to the attorney with the lip-motions of Ethunk in the secret talk (except he didn’t say Ethunk). The attorney comes back to the podium and looks straight at me and I say ‘yes’. He says, ‘Have you had time to think about your acquaintance with Skog (except he didn’t say Skog) as it reflects on your being a member of the jury?’ I said that my knowing Skog really didn’t have much weight compared to a question he would be asking later on. (We had to fill out this questionnaire a couple weeks ago and the attorney was going down that list point by point.) ‘You mean those personal injury law suits that were brought against your company?’ I said ‘Yes.’ ‘Do you think that could cloud your judgment in this case?’ he said. ‘Yep’ I said. ‘I thought they would,’ he said. And in the blink of an eye I was dismissed.

As I was leaving, Fuller leaned around the flat screen thingy and said, ‘I hope you’re not mad at me, Ethunk,’ (cept he didn’t say Ethunk), the whole courtroom laughed and I was a free bird.

The point of this long story is to tell one and all that Skog is in court, Spin and Chop are at Flash class and the blog is likely gonna be a lonely spave today.

8 Comments:

Blogger Bill Fleming said...

What a magnificent story! Three of my most crazed pals in one courtroom, room trying to act serious. Hilarious. Thanks, 'thunk!

Rotflmao.

Tue Oct 18, 11:48:00 AM MDT  
Blogger EThunk said...

Owl, I gave up the serious role as soon as the word blog met those blank stares. At that point I got to be the court jester.

GG, can you come over here and catch up on some of my paperword? I'm drowning in the stuff.

Tue Oct 18, 12:57:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Bill Fleming said...

Ethunk says:
"I gave up the serious role as soon as the word blog met those blank stares."

Sounds like AP did too. Good lesson for Skogg, huh?
Never go into court and try to do business with "Deadwood" people.

Funny. Funny. Funny.

Tue Oct 18, 01:21:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Sarah said...

I obviously can only peek my head in here, but I'd like to note that I turned a violently red shade at the mention of the word "blog," had to explain blogging at lunch and will be ridiculed by Judge Fuller for the rest of time.

Tue Oct 18, 01:36:00 PM MDT  
Blogger EThunk said...

Oh, Skog can hold her own, Owl. I wish you could have been there. Your would have loved it. Ol' Pete's eyes were a' twinklin' Irish.

Tue Oct 18, 02:09:00 PM MDT  
Blogger EThunk said...

Skog, there is no one better to be ridiculed by. He is one funny and fun guy.

Tue Oct 18, 02:13:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Bill Fleming said...

...and truly one of my best friends on the planet.

Tue Oct 18, 03:51:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Sarah said...

Owl,

Why am I not surprised that you and the Judge get along so well? Maybe it's that common mischevious demeanor.

DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT

Tue Oct 18, 04:24:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home